From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PDF Report generation issue using FOP..
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:19:21 GMT
Roopesh Chandran wrote:

Hi,

>                             . FOP Implementation-Version: 0.90alpha1

0.90alpha1 is quite old now and there have been several releases that
fix many bugs and since then. An upgrade is recommended although it
won't fix the problem you are experiencing.

>                 The field width assigned to the respective columns
> change dynamically according to the number of fields selected from
> View.  The problem I have is when large strings get populated in the
> fields, they overlap with the data in the next column and word-wrapping
> does'nt seem to work.

The problem is that FOP's layout algorithm requires spaces in string in
order to be able to break them up nicely. Enabling hyphenation can help
but I see from below that didn't solve the problem in your case. The
only other "workaround" is to insert ZWSP characters inbetween each
character in the strings to be placed in table cells. This gives FOP
more break possibilities and improves the chances of a good looking layout.

<snip/>

Chris