From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory for one page-sequence
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:11:19 GMT
fma-001 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to solve this problem with the maximum-repeats attribute, but FOP
> 0.93 does just write some warnings.
>
> I configured the page-sequence as followed:
> <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="allpages">
> 	<fo:single-page-master-reference master-reference="firstA4page"/>
> 	<fo:repeatable-page-master-reference master-reference="restA4pages"
> maximum-repeats="250"/>
> </fo:page-sequence-master>
>
> I thought maximum-repeats does take a new page-sequence after 250 pages. But
> apparently it's not like that (since FOP runs out of memory)!
>
> What effects does maximum-repeats have? What does it do?

It tells FOP to use the referenced page master for the next 250 pages.
If there are more than 251 pages in your example, then the XSL-FO
doesn't define what page-master to use, so FOP will probably issue a
warning and continue using the last page-master.

There are no properties in XSL-FO which automatically break up the
content into separate page-sequences. You have to do that yourself in
the XSLT stylesheet.

Chris