From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Images not resized properly in fop 0.94
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 19:20:44 GMT
On Nov 9, 2007, at 20:08, Puppala, Kumar (LNG-CON) wrote:

Hi Kumar
> I am running into an issue with both gif and png images in fop
> 0.94. I am trying to render a big GIF image in my PDF document.
> Since the image does not fit in a single page, it should be
> resized. In FOP 0.20.5, I do see the correct behavior and the image
> is rendered properly. However in both 0.93 and 0.94 releases, the
> image is not truncated and hence only rendered partially. I am
> hereby attaching the FO file and the outputs from old and new fop.
> Are there any known issues here?

Yes, the behavior in FOP 0.20.5 is non-compliant.

Take a look at the fo:external-graphic, and the XSL-FO Rec, more
precisely:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e22982 (Area Dimension Properties)

You have no explicit (content-)width/height, so:

content-width="auto" => intrinsic image width
content-height="auto" => intrinsic image height
height="auto"
width="auto"

=> the image should not be scaled to fit the viewport, but clipped.

The trick is to set content-height and/or content-width explicitly to
"scale-to-fit". That should normally do it.

Hope this helps!

Andreas