From "Akagi Kobayashi" <akobaya...@valista.com>
Subject RE: Bullet points in japanese
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:17:30 GMT
Could you help me set the IPAGothic font as the font for the list - so that
the bullets show?

Bullets in IPAGothic (and in MS fonts) are &#12539; (&#x2022 doesn't work
for me.).
Setting the bullet in common/ja.xml  <l:dingbat key="bullet"
text="&#9679;"/> as such doesn't work.

In the custom stylesheet, we have the following section:
 <!-- Fallback font used for Unicode symbols such as right arrow -->

  <xsl:param name="symbol.font.family"
             select="'Symbol,ZapfDingbats,LucidaUnicode'" />

  <xsl:template match="symbol[@role = 'symbolfont']">
    <fo:inline font-family="Symbol">
      <xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq" />
    </fo:inline>
  </xsl:template>

I tried adding the font name after LucindaUnicode, but that didn't work!

Many thanks!

Akagi Kobayashi, Interpreter/Translator/Technical Writer

Valista