From mokeeffe <michae...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error during make Open Type Font metric
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:13:26 GMT

Miroslav Pukhalsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to make font metric for Open Type font Helvetica LT Standard Black
> When I type the next command:
>
> java org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -enc ansi
> HelveticaLTStd-Blk.otf HelveticaLTStd-Blk.xml
>
> I have got the next error:
> [snip]
> java.io.IOException: 'loca' table not found, happens when the font file
> doesn't contain TrueType outlines (trying to read an OpenType CFF font
> maybe?)

Here's a possible workaround, as the CFF it's failing on seems to be specify
how it's stored - it's still a Type-1 font:
http://www.stuermer.ch/blog/convert-otf-to-ttf-font-on-ubuntu.html

I'd be interested on any ideas on the effort involved in adding support -
easier than changing a corporate standard perhaps ;)

Or is it already underway?  It seems like something FOP should be able to
process without considerable changes (we aren't talking about major new
graphics capabilities, etc)?

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/font/5176.CFF.pdf