From Steve Quirk <squ...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: How to put batch process into background on Mac OS
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:14:10 GMT

I had looked at the fop script I had and saw it there.  I wasn't sure that
I had made the change or not.  In any case, if it's helpful, it should
look like:

fop_exec_command="exec \"$JAVACMD\" ${ENDORSED} -Djava.awt.headless=true
$LOGCHOICE $LOGLEVEL -classpath \"$LOCALCLASSPATH\" $FOP_OPTS
org.apache.fop.cli.Main $fop_exec_args"

(I'm using 0.93, so it might be slightly different).

That should avoid any icons or desktop interaction.

steve

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, James Howard wrote:

> Actually that probably won't do what you want.  Adding
> -Djava.awt.headless=true to the vm arguments in the fop script probably will
> work.
>
> On Jan 3, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Steve Quirk <squirk@ieee.org> wrote:
>

>> Use 'nice' to run it.  Alter the script so that the fop execution looks
>> like:
>>
>> nice /Applications/fop-0.94/fop -fo $foo -pdf ../pdf_files/$state.pdf
>>
>> You can check the man page for nice for more info.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Terry Ofner wrote:
>>
>>> This is not a huge matter. More on the line of an annoyance. And I may
>>> need to take this question to a java list rather than this list. If so,
>>> just point me in the right direction.
>>>
>>> At any rate, I have an XSLT stylesheet that produces 50+ separate fo
>>> documents. I then run the shell script below to batch produce the pdf
>>> documents:
>>>
>>> #!/bin/sh
>>> for foo in *.fo
>>> do