From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Fonts problem - "not embed"
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:10:34 GMT
Currently, you can only reference a TrueType font if you generate the
font metrics in WinAnsi mode (-enc ansi). Obviously, that will restrict
you to a subset of the available glyphs. It's a limitation of FOP.

This is documented here: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/fonts.html#embedding
(see red box)

On 08.01.2008 16:50:23 Andreas Siepert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I try to use Verdana and not embed it, the resulting PDF cannot be
> shown correctly in the Adobe Reader. The Font is identified (in the
> Reader) as
> Verdana
> -Type: TrueType(CID)
> -Coding: Identity-H
> -Originial-Font: Unknown
>
> I created the fonts-metrics with the Fop-Util-Application and used the
> following lines in the fop-Configuration.

> I think, the Adobe Reader cannot identify the Font as the "Verdana" font
> installed on the system (Windows XP).
> Any suggestions on how I can make the PDF reference the "correct" Verdana?
>
> Thanx
> Andreas
>
> --
> Dipl.-Inf. Andreas Siepert
> Entwickler
>
> Bader & Jene Software-Ingenieurbüro GmbH
> Schauenburgerstraße 116
> 24118 Kiel
>
> Fon: + 49.431.5 60 66 41
> Fax: + 49.431.5 60 66 44