From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Absolute position and number-rows-spanned
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:34:42 GMT
This problem is fixed now in FOP Trunk:

On 17.01.2008 10:18:16 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Right, there's something wrong there. For some reason the table is
> broken into two parts even thought the block-container is in auto-size
> mode. I'll have to investigate that.
>
> But I've got a work-around for you: Set the height property on the
> block-container and set the value so that the entire table has enough
> room. Then the problem goes away.
>
> On 16.01.2008 15:23:18 David Gerdt wrote:
> > I'm having an issue with a table and an absolutely positioned block container. I
am unsure whether it is resulting from my lack of experience or a bug in FOP. I am using FOP
0.94 and rendering PDFs.

> > I want to position the table absolutely within the page header. The only way I know
to do this is with a block-container. The problem is that when I include the absoulte-position
attribute, FOP ignores my number-columns-spanned attribute on the cells in the third row.
If I remove the absolute-position attribute, the table renders correctly (but obviously not
where I want it to).

> > Also interesting to me is that if I specify a height="10mm" attribute for the table
rows and leave the absolute-position attribute in place, the table structure is rendered correctly
and positioned where I want, but 10mm is far to tall. If I go down to a more reasonable height="5mm",
number-rows-spanned is ignored and I get the following message:

> > Jan 16, 2008 9:02:40 AM org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.table.TableContentLayoutManagercreateElementsForRowGroup
> > WARNING: The contents of row 4 are taller than they should be (there is a block-progression-dimension
or height constraint on the indicated row). Due to its contents the row grows to 19200 millipoints,
but the row shouldn't get any taller than MinOptMax[min=opt=max=14173] millipoints. (fo:table-row,
location: 121/28)

> > My inclination would be to call it a bug because Antenna House's XSL Formatter (V4.2
Evaluation) renders it correctly. I'm still quite new to XSL-FO, however, so I'm unsure if
it's something I've done.

> > Any insight here? Is it a bug? Is my fo bad? Is there a way to absolutely position
the table and get it's structure to render correctly?

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Dave G.
> <snip/>

Jeremias Maerki