From Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com>
Subject Re: Noisy output when formatting DocBook despite -q
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:09:36 GMT
Vincent Hennebert wrote:
>> - fo:table, table-layout="auto" is currently not supported by FOP
>>
>> I've tried disabling this one by trying to set the default table width
>> to 100% in my fo.xsl customization layer, but it doesn't help.  I'm
>> aware that I could probably turn on FOP extensions to suppress it, but
>> I'd rather use a standard method.
>
> You mean the ‘fop1.extensions’ stylesheet parameter?

Yes.

It seems to have no effect.  I've tried setting it two ways.  First, in
the command that does .dbx to .fo processing:

	xsltproc --stringparam fop1.extensions 1 ....

and in my fo.xsl file, which is a customization layer for the above
process, so this should be equivalent:

	<xsl:param name="fop1.extensions" select="1"/>

The complaint about table-layout="auto" appears regardless.

>> - Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area. (fo:block,
>> location: 2/33495)
>
> Not sure you want to ignore this one. This usually means that some
> content goes in the margin, possibly resulting in text being clipped.

Given that I'm using DocBook and not generating FO myself, why would
this happen?