From Adrian Cumiskey <adrian.cumis...@gmail.com>
Subject Rendering time configuration settings using fo:declarations
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:11:53 GMT
Hi all,

A thought occurred to me whilst implementing something and I thought I would share it with
you..  I
don't have time to implement this but maybe somebody else would like to pick up this idea/suggestion...

Basically, I was wondering if anyone thought it would be a useful feature to be able to provide

renderer configuration settings within the fo:declarations section of an FO document?

These settings could resemble and override any user configuration settings that may have been
set at
startup time through the API or user configuration file (e.g. fop.xconf).  So the top of your
FO
document might look something like the following :-

    <fo:declarations>
       <fox:strict-validation>true</fox:strict-validation>
       <fox:renderers>
          <fox:renderer mime="application/postscript">
          </fox:renderer>
          <fox:renderer mime="application/pdf">
          </fox:renderer>
       </fox:renderers>
    </fo:declarations>
    <fo:layout-master-set>
</fo:root>

Something like this shouldn't be too difficult to implement (any volunteers?) and I think
it might
provide quite a bit of value.  It would be important to remember that the lifetime of these
settings
would only remain within the rendering run of the particular document that is being processed
and
subsequent documents being processed would revert back to FOP's default startup time settings.

Adrian.