From "Li, Hao" <...@peacetech.com>
Subject RE: language specification for PDF document
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:36:00 GMT
Thanks Andreas.

Does it mean that the implementation will be Apache FOP specific,
because there is no such XSL-FO standard property for document level
language of PDF?

Thank you very much,

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas L Delmelle [mailto:a_l.delmelle@pandora.be]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:47 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: language specification for PDF document

On Jan 15, 2008, at 20:37, Li, Hao wrote:

Hi

> I followed your instruction to generate the pdf. After I open it in
> acrobat, under file->document properties->advanced->reading
> options, the
> language option is still blank. Am I missing something?

As far as I know, the 'language' property is used by FOP *only* for
determining the hyphenation pattern file to use (if hyphenation is
enabled).
I don't think that the property is used for anything else (and so,
will not yet be reflected in the document properties)

It's probably not too difficult to implement (given enough time and
enough knowledge about the PDF Specification). Patches are always
welcome.

Cheers

Andreas