From Terry Ofner <tof...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How to put batch process into background on Mac OS
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:08:42 GMT
James,

Your suggestion works. I have no idea where the vm arguments are in
the fop script. So I changed my script to invoke the jar directly,
adding the headless argument. I had to move all the jar files in fop/
lib to the build directory to get this to work:

java -Djava.awt.headless=true -jar /Applications/fop-0.94/build/
fop.jar -fo $foo -pdf ../pdf_files/$state.pdf

Thanks for the tip.

Terry

On Jan 3, 2008, at 12:35 PM, James Howard wrote:

> Actually that probably won't do what you want.  Adding -
> Djava.awt.headless=true to the vm arguments in the fop script
> probably will work.
>
> On Jan 3, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Steve Quirk <squirk@ieee.org> wrote:
>

>> Use 'nice' to run it.  Alter the script so that the fop execution
>> looks like:
>>
>> nice /Applications/fop-0.94/fop -fo $foo -pdf ../pdf_files/$state.pdf
>>
>> You can check the man page for nice for more info.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Terry Ofner wrote:
>>
>>> This is not a huge matter. More on the line of an annoyance. And
>>> I may need to take this question to a java list rather than this
>>> list. If so, just point me in the right direction.
>>>
>>> At any rate, I have an XSLT stylesheet that produces 50+ separate
>>> fo documents. I then run the shell script below to batch produce
>>> the pdf documents:
>>>
>>> #!/bin/sh
>>> for foo in *.fo
>>> do