From "Glenn Brand" <gbr...@odprofessional.com>
Subject RE: Need image to render at higher DPI
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:27:10 GMT
Thanks Chris,

I am getting better results but the image still comes in bigger than
what I specifiy and at the lower DPI.
Can you spot the problem from the XSL-FO?
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="0pt" background-repeat="no-repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>

<fo:external-graphic background="transparent" width="50pt" height="50pt"
src="url(file:///c:/CacheSys/CSP/qacahaba/ODprofessional_logo.gif)"/>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bowditch [mailto:bowditch_chris@hotmail.com]
Sent: January 4, 2008 2:10 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need image to render at higher DPI

Glenn Brand wrote:
> I have a graphic that is rendering at a low resolution. See below in
the
> last several lines. How do I get the image to render at a higher
> resolution?

When including an image via fo:external-graphic tag the resolution can
be controlled by making the content-width/height smaller so that the
pixels are packed more densely. However, you can't set the size of a
image included via background-image attribute. In this case I think FOP
just assumes a default DPI of 72 DPI.

Chris