From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Rendering time configuration settings using fo:declarations
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:39:51 GMT
Adrian Cumiskey wrote:

<snip/>

> Something like this shouldn't be too difficult to implement (any
> volunteers?) and I think it might provide quite a bit of value.  It
> would be important to remember that the lifetime of these settings would
> only remain within the rendering run of the particular document that is
> being processed and subsequent documents being processed would revert
> back to FOP's default startup time settings.

Yes I think this would definitely be a useful feature :) A number of
Renderer options such as ps-page-setup are implemented as extension
elements which allows them to be changed on a document by document
basis. Currently its not possible for options which are not implemented
as extension elements which can be an annoying restriction in some projects.

I have no time to help with the implementation though!

Thanks,

Chris