From "Andrejus Chaliapinas" <a.chaliapi...@infosana.com>
Subject Resolved that situation RE: What could be the cause of SAXException like this: Mismatch: page-number (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. page-number ()?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:42:58 GMT
> Hi
>
> > My XSL has entries like these:
> >
> > <xsl:copy-of
> > select="xalan:nodeset(ext:generateSubtree())" />
> >
> > Where generateSubtree() is external Java class method and returns
> > result in
> > form of org.w3c.dom.NodeList and inside that nodes list I have
> > nodes like
> > <fo:page-number/> and whole XSL has such attribute specified:
> >
> > xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
> >
> > Now when I run whole transformation process - I get:
> >
> > org.xml.sax.SAXException: Mismatch: page-number
> > (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. page-number ()
>
> This is weird... So, if I interpret correctly, the input
>
> <fo:page-number />
>
> leads to a SAX startElement() event *with* the proper namespace, but
> somewhere in between (by Xalan, I presume) the namespace dissolves so
> that null is passed to the endElement() event...

It turned out that if during NodeList (which will be retuned then to
xalan:nodelist()) creation inside my Java code I use just this call:

Element elem = xmlDoc.createElement("fo:something");

then later I get that SAXException, but if I use this call:

Element elem = xmlDoc.createElementNS("http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format",
"fo:something");

then everything works correctly.

My initial thought was that "fo:" namespace defined on the top of xsl will
be automatically propagated (I use factory.setNamespaceAware(true) as well)
into tree fragment creation, but seems not by some reason.

Anyway, now I have that part working.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Andrejus