From "Andrejus Chaliapinas" <a.chaliapi...@infosana.com>
Subject Question on FOP extension automatic detection
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:18:25 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to develop my own FOP extension, but while running my
transformation I always get that "Unknown formatting object" warning from
ElementMappingRegistry class.

When I do manual mapping registration via fopFactory.addElementMapping(new
MyElementMapping()) before transformation start - everything works correctly
later.

Should I stay with such fopFactory manual registration or did I miss
anything in those my custom files to implement/extend?

And another question related to FOP extensions - suppose from inside my
extension I'd like to open an InputStream. But that stream opening procedure
requires me some additional information to pass (let say name, password,
etc.). Is it possible somehow to pass from my Java program some sort of
external Session/Context object to my extension by some mean? Or the only
way is to extend some default Renderer with additional member variable and
then analyze that variable inside extension logic?

Questions here are related to FOP Trunk version.

Thank you,
Andrejus