From Oisín <Oisi...@voila.fr>
Subject Re: Empty pdf more than 100k?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:53:13 GMT

Hello!

 after updating to 0.94 I also found an increase of PDF filesize from 3k to
10k. After turning off compression I found out that this is due to the
included color profile. As these files are simple invoices containing some
tables an text in black only, I would like to remove the color profile from
the generated PDFs. With some thousand of thes files generated the amount of
disk space needed adds up considerably.
Thus, how can I avoid the color profile to be included into the PDFs? I'm
using FOP embedded into a Java application but haven't found any hint in the
docs.

Thanks,

Oisín

That the PDFs are a little bigger is to be expected.

"Hello world" in FO:
FOP 0.20.5: 2KB
FOP 0.94: 5KB

The increase is due to:
- additional XMP metadata (~0.6KB)
- embedded sRGB profile to make sure that the color space is the same as
is defined by XSL-FO (0.20.5 wrongly used device-specific RGB). (~2.5KB)

As Jonathan mentioned, the size is likely to be because of embedded
fonts but I'm not sure not embedding the font is the right way. If you
send the PDF to me I can tell you what's in it (only if you want).

Jeremias Maerki