From Vaclav Barta <v...@comp.cz>
Subject Custom fonts regression
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:50:15 GMT
Hi,

for some years now I've been using FOP to generate my CV as PDF (on Gentoo).
Since the non-English version contains some non-ASCII characters, I've added
a few custom Czech fonts and everything worked fine - until I've upgraded
FOP. In version 0.94 (as well as 0.93), the command

fop -c czfonts.xml -fo cv-cz.fo -pdf cv-cz.pdf

finishes without complaints, but the generated file renders most accented
characters as '#'. If I replace fop by fop.sh from fop-0.20.5, everything
works fine. I understand that "the FOP Font subsystem is currently undergoing
a significant change", but wouldn't it be possible to make the new version
work at least as well as the old one?

	Bye
		Vasek

P.S.: The input files for the command above are available at
http://www.mangrove.cz/cv/ .