From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Apache errors
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:51:17 GMT
You'll have a much easier time if you just run the XSLT transformation
without FOP. Then you can inspect the generated XSL-FO. That should help
you figure out the problem. On the command-line you can use the -foout
option instead of -pdf to just generated the XSL-FO file.

BTW, posting an XSLT alone usually doesn't help because without knowing
how the XML looks like, most people won't even look at it because they
can't run it.

Given the error message, you probably need to make sure in your XSLT
that you don't generate any table-cells if you don't have content for
them. As a dirty hack you can try to use the -r (relaxed validation)
option on the command-line. That will overlook empty table-cells. But
empty table-cells are illegal so you should avoid them using XSLT means.
That's why it's a dirty hack.

Good luck!

On 07.02.2008 12:57:50 Cristian Ferrero wrote:
> Hi again...i can' t complete my xsl - fo conversion because a couple of
> errors that i can't get wich is the reason, i made my xsl with XSL FAST,
> then i fix a few things that Apache fop needs , by still have a couple of
> errors and i can't get the reason...
>  first  is a warning :
>
> ADVERTENCIA: Mismatch: table-cell (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs.
> root (
> http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format)
>

> another is an error :
>
> GRAVE: Exception
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException:
>  Error(Unknown location): fo:table-cell is missing child elements.
> Required Content Model: marker* (%block;)+
>         at
> org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:168)
>         at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo(InputHandler.java:115)
>         at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:166)
>         at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:197)
>
> i attach my xsl...really thanks...

Jeremias Maerki