From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: FOP 0.93 Euro symbol not displayed
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:39:00 GMT
Hmm, <fo:wrapper font-family="Symbol">&#x20AC;</fo:wrapper> works fine
for me to get the Euro character.

What PDF viewer are you using? I checked Acrobat and GhostView.

On 08.02.2008 10:18:01 Bennen, Jan A. wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
> I know that the Euro symbol is in the Symbol font. But where can I find this?

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/codegen/fonts/encodings.xml?view=markup

generated into CodePointMapping.java in build/gensrc/.... by our build.

> This font is one of the base14 fonts which are simply available in FOP.
> So why is the Euro symbol still not displayed correctly?

Either you try to replace the default Symbol font (see below) or the PDF
viewer you use does not have a glyph for the Euro character in the
Symbol font it uses.

> I read in the documentation that I have to manually change the XML font
> metrics file and specify "SymbolEncoding" encoding as the value for the
> "encoding" element. But where can I find this file?

Are you trying to replace the base14 font in your font configuration
perhaps? It's currently still problematic to replace the base14 Symbol
font.

Jeremias Maerki