From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: What could be the cause of SAXException like this: Mismatch: page-number (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. page-number ()?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:51:13 GMT
Andrejus Chaliapinas wrote:
> My XSL has entries like these:
>
> <xsl:copy-of
> select="xalan:nodeset(ext:generateSubtree())" />
>
> Where generateSubtree() is external Java class method and returns result in
> form of org.w3c.dom.NodeList and inside that nodes list I have nodes like
> <fo:page-number/>  and whole XSL has such attribute specified:
>
> xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
>
> Now when I run whole transformation process - I get:
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXException: Mismatch: page-number
> (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. page-number ()

It looks like Xalan passes an empty string to the endElement method,
while the startElement looked correct. The most likely reason is that
the namespace settings on your DOM tree are messed up, possibly during
processing.
It is also quite possible that you have hit a bug in Xalan. Try to find
out which Xalan version you are actually using (e.g. by using
system-property(xsl:vendor)), you might have to tell your JRE to use a
newer one.
If you serialize the result of the transformation rather then feeding
it into FOP, do you also see a wrong end tag? (you might have to insert
a text node into the fo:page number element to see an effect)
In either case you can probably gather more useful information on the
Xalan user list.

J.Pietschmann