From Vincent Hennebert <vincent.henneb...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Table-Header and number-rows-spanned problem in FOP Trunk
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:44:20 GMT
Hi,

MatthiasR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with current FOP trunk I'm running into a problem when using the
> number-rows-spanned attribute for a table-cell element inside a table
> header. With FOP 0.94 it works fine, but FOP Trunk refuses to generate a pdf
> output with the error message:
> org.apache.fo.ValidationException: A table-cell is spanning more rows than
> available in its parent element.
>
> When moving table-cells inside table-header to table-body element everything
> works fine as well with FOP trunk.
>
> I uploaded my fo-test file:
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p15611118/table_header-number-rows-spanned.xml
> table_header-number-rows-spanned.xml

The cell is supposed to span 4 rows but there is only one available row
in the header. The XSL-FO 1.1 Recommendation specifically says that
a cell isn’t allowed to span further than its containing
table-body/header/footer [1]. Either remove the number-rows-spanned
property or add 3 other rows to the header.

This works in the body because this latter contains enough rows to hold
the cell, plus the rows contain less cells than the number of columns.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_table

> Is my fo-file not correct or is this a bug?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Matthias Reischenbacher

Vincent