From Johannes Caspary <johannes.casp...@cms.hu-berlin.de>
Subject Keeping line feeds from XML and text-align="justify"
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:42:32 GMT
Hello!

My problem concerns the functionality to retain formatting information
such as line feeds or white spaces that have been stored like that in
the XML document. There is the attribute white-space-collapse of
fo:block, which, when set false, seems to keep white spaces and line
feeds from the XML document. That's already pretty much what I wanted.
Then I tried to combine this configuration with text-align="justify".
Now it seems that when a line ends, the spaces in between the words get
stretched out (see picture), which is not intended.

Do you know any solution to this problem? Below, there is the code
snippet which is responsible for the disfunctional part that's in the
red frame in the picture.

<fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
keep-together.within-page="always"  font-family="Verdana"
font-size="7pt" text-align="justify"      space-after="12pt"
white-space-collapse="false" linefeed-treatment="preserve"
white-space-treatment="preserve" wrap-option="wrap">
    <fo:block>Kommentar:</fo:block>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="textToPrintOut" />
</fo:block>

I use the FOP 0.20.5.

Thank you,
Johannes Caspary