From "Bennen, Jan A." <jaben...@seneca.nl>
Subject RE: FOP 0.93 Euro symbol not displayed
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:18:01 GMT

E   support@seneca.nl
I    www.seneca.nl
Op dit mailbericht is onze disclaimer van kracht.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tommy Nordgren [mailto:tommy.nordgren@comhem.se]
Sent: donderdag 7 februari 2008 16:08
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: FOP 0.93 Euro symbol not displayed

On 7 feb 2008, at 16.00, Bennen, Jan A. wrote:

> Hello,
> I am new to Fop.
>
> For one of our customers we are using FOP 0.93 to create PDF files.
>
> The Euro symbol is not displayed correctly in the pdf file (a
> rectangle is shown).
>
> I changed in the FO file the symbol to &#x20AC; as is suggested in
> your basic help, but nothing changes.
>
> Is there a solution for this problem?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jan Bennen
> Support Engineer
> Seneca Helpdesk
>
> Elektronicaweg 31
> 2628 XG  Delft,  Nederland
> T   +31 (0)15 - 251 37 77
> F   +31 (0)15 - 251 37 01
> E   support@seneca.nl
> I    www.seneca.nl
> Op dit mailbericht is onze disclaimer van kracht.

	You need to render the document with a font THAT ACTUALLY CONTAINS
the euro symbol.
The rectangles are used to display characters that are missing in the
current font.
See the amazing new SF reel: Invasion of the man eating cucumbers from
outer space.
On congratulations for a fantastic parody, the producer replies :
"What parody?"

Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@comhem.se