From "Bennen, Jan A." <jaben...@seneca.nl>
Subject RE: FOP 0.93 Euro symbol not displayed
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 14:14:08 GMT
Which font does have a Euro glyph? MS Sans Serif seems not to have it. Or should I use another
code for the eurosign?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Jan Bennen
Support Engineer
Seneca Helpdesk

Elektronicaweg 31
2628 XG  Delft,  Nederland
T   +31 (0)15 - 251 37 77
F   +31 (0)15 - 251 37 01
E   support@seneca.nl
I    www.seneca.nl
Op dit mailbericht is onze disclaimer van kracht.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:dev@jeremias-maerki.ch]
Sent: vrijdag 8 februari 2008 14:12
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: FOP 0.93 Euro symbol not displayed

On 08.02.2008 14:04:54 Bennen, Jan A. wrote:
> Ok, this worked: the symbol appears, but across the 0 of the following syllable. Is there
a way to add some space between them?

That's weird. I went looking and found out that the Euro character is
missing a character width. I'll have to fix that. In that case, just use
sans-serif instead of Symbol.

> And is there an easy way to add
> <fo:wrapper font-family="Symbol">&#x20AC;</fo:wrapper>
> to the fo file? My customer does not want to edit the fo file.

Two possible solutions:
- Use a font that has a Euro glyph.
- Help us implement per-character font-selection which is still missing.
When that's available you can simply do:
font-family="MyFont, MyOtherFont, Symbol, ZapfDingbats"

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki