From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: leader between blocks some conditional
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:55:12 GMT
nmwp wrote:

> Hi
>
> I got simple question/requirement.
> I was searching the mailing list but without any luck.
>
> I got 2 blocks of text. If there isn't enough room to completly hold the
> second block of text on the first page, then new page will be inserted
> and that second block will fill the second page.
>
> Now the question is: how to insert a leader between those blocks, but
> only in the case where those 2 blocks are placed in the one page?
> The leader is not needed in the case where new page is inserted for the
> second block.

What is the purpose of the fo:leader is it just to break up the content
with a line?

> Hope it's possible.

Sorry I don't think it is possible using standard XSL-FO 1.0. I started
thinking maybe you could make use of conditionality on borders but in
the scenario you describe borders will always be present at start of the
second block even with conditionality="discard". So you can't use that!

> BTW, where I can find some tutorial for fo files? I couldn't found some,
> and in most cases I'm learning from fo files included in the apache fop.

Have a look at

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/resources.html#documents

Chris