From "Cristian Ferrero" <cristian_ferr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache errors
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:44:00 GMT
Jeremias  i did what you wrote, also i tried inserting a block with
span="all", but the problem is that the table don't show all the
information, it doesn't continue in other page, if i dont write
position="absolute" it works good (the table continues in another page), but
the table appears in the left side of the page automatically, not in the
possition i want...

fo:block-container position="absolute" top="15cm" left="10cm" >

<fo:block span="all" >

<fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">

thank you very much

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremias Maerki" <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>
To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 5:11 AM
Subject: Re: Apache errors

height="100%" on a block-container may not work correctly (absolute
values work fine, of course). I've noticed some strange behaviour there
but have never investigated, yet. Furthermore, height="100%" sets:
block-progression-dimension.minimum="100%"
block-progression-dimension.optimum="100%"
block-progression-dimension.maximum="100%"

Setting block-progression-dimension.maximum="auto" afterwards may not
have any affect at all. I'm not sure if the spec says anything what
happens in such a case. And how FOP reacts is a different question.

As if this isn't enough, there's still a restriction on block-container
that it doesn't evaluate a min/opt/max value for
block-progression-dimension. Only .optimum is used.

But if you want the block-container to automatically grow based on the
height of it's content, just leave height and
block-progression-dimension away which leaves the default ("auto").

HTH

On 08.02.2008 20:49:00 Cristian Ferrero wrote:
> Tks  Jeremias....the last for today ... i  fixed all my problems but the
> only that couldn't is to positionate a table in a fixed place, i mean i
> did,
> but it didn't show all the rows, it doesn't expand... i did this (put the
> table inside a block-containert)
>
> <fo:block-container position="absolute"   top="15cm" left="10cm"
> height="100%" width="100%" block-progression-dimension.maximum="auto">
> <fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">........
>
> is the last question for this week..is my promise !!!! (i couldn't pot the
> question because the mail server is giving me an error)
>
> thanks !!!!!

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki