From "Cristian Ferrero" <cristian_ferr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache errors
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:23:18 GMT
Really thanks Mathias...i will follow your advice..... another question...is
there a way to configure another unit of measures for position (i mean
centimetres for example)   instead of 0pt..like this example...
width="49.0pt"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremias Maerki" <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>
To: <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 4:41 AM
Subject: Re: Apache errors

Christian,
the problem, as far as I understand it, is that XSLFast still produces
XSL-FO optimized for FOP 0.20.5 (I think they still use that version
internally). And 0.20.5 was too lenient (i.e. contained bugs) in many
cases which hurts you now if you use a later version of FOP which is
more FO-compliant. The right way would be to talk to the XSLFast people
and get them to fix their stylesheet production. The alternative I gave
you earlier already is to enable relaxed validation which will let FOP
overlook the empty table elements. If that fixes all your problems, I
can't guarantee.

Just to be clear: We're not talking about writing "fop code", we're
talking about writing "correct XSL-FO". That's the duty of an XSL-FO
editor like XSLfast. If XSLfast doesn't do that, that's a bug in their
software because it doesn't respect the XSL-FO specification.

On 07.02.2007 20:26:59 Cristian Ferrero wrote:
> Thanks Jeremias....i fixed it but i still have FOP format problems like
> fo:table-body is missing child elements.....etc... the strange thing (is
> how
> i told you ) that this xsl XSLFAST transforms in xsl-fo and then in pdf
> with
> no problems...but that's not apache problem...in fact...where cab i have
> documentation of exactly code fop supported with apache..or better than
> that.,.,do you know something like XSLF that writes "real" apache - fop
> code
> ?
> Thanks, i apreciate your help

Jeremias Maerki