From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: proportional-column-width+20mm -- should this have ever worked?
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:13:39 GMT
On Feb 29, 2008, at 16:58, Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:

Hi Lou

It should definitely work. That is: it is a perfectly legitimate
value for column-width.
So it's certainly nothing you're doing wrong (if you needed
confirmation)

> A small correction...
>
> The following work OK:
>
> <fo:table-column column-width="20mm+proportional-column-width(1)"/>
>
> The following results in the table running off page:
>
> <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)+20mm"/>

Had a quick look at the code, and at the side of the FO properties,
everything seems to be still OK.

Both cases yield a column-width that is a RelativeNumericProperty
consisting of two operands:
* a FixedLength of 56692mpt
* a TableColLength of 1 table-unit

It seems that, when the FixedLength is specified first, the
computation of table-units is based on the table-width minus the
FixedLength, but when the FixedLength is the second operand, the
FixedLengths are not subtracted of the table-width...

I'll have a closer look, and see what I can find out. In the
meantime, you have already found the workaround.

Cheers

Andreas