From andreas.delme...@telenet.be
Subject Re: Embeded Cyrillic Font still showing unicode chars .. HELP!!
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:06:05 GMT

Hi

>I'm using the one step approach (xml + xsl) although I'm not serializing the
>xml file and using the javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMSource class to hold the
>xml file.
>
>My code is as follows:

<snip />

>          //Setup input
>          Document xmlDom = generateXml(certificate);
>          Source domSrc = new DOMSource(xmlDom);

Can you check the following:
- What is the result of calling xmlDom.getInputEncoding()?
- How are the numeric character references inserted into the DOM by the generateXml() method
(if they are already present in the DOM, that is...)?

I'm thinking that, if the input encoding is --as I'd expect-- UTF-8, then the Chinese and
Cyrillic characters should, in the Java code, simply be inserted as '\uXXXX' sequences (and
*not* as XML numeric character references).

Cheers

Andreas