From andreas.delme...@telenet.be
Subject Re: URIResolver not called
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:03:42 GMT
>From: Christoph Souris [mailto:chap@fargonauten.de]
>
>Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>> On 13.02.2008 14:49:48 Christoph Souris wrote:
>>> I have a problem registering a URIResolver instance. According to
>>> the "Embedding" manual I tried to register it at the FOUserAgent
>>> but that did not work (it was not called).
>
>> I use a URIResolver with FOP all the time and I have no problems.
>
>Thats what I expected. It's always only me who has got problems ;(
>
>> In your simple case, the URI resolution may never be invoked if you
>> try with a simple example.
>
>I don't understand that. My example stylesheet contains an xsl:import
>statement. The resolver is in fact called if I register it to the
>TransformerFactory -- so I asumed that the stylesheet was alright.

If I judge correctly, then a URIResolver that is registered with the FopFactory or FOUserAgent
will ONLY be used for FOP-internal URI-resolving. IIC, then currently, it does not get propagated
automatically to be used by the XSLT processor that is used at runtime.

Indeed, the only way to make sure that your xsl:include/xsl:import uses the custom resolver
is to register it with the XSLT processor. FOP never sees any xsl:includes/xsl:imports. These
are resolved by the XSLT processor long *before* FOP actually kicks in.

>I just do not understand why it is NOT called when I register it to the
>FOUserAgent -- which is the usual way to do it, isn't it?

See above: it will be used, but only for URIs that are actually processed by FOP (i.e. fonts,
images...), or IOW: for URIs that appear in the FO that results from the XSL transform.

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas