From "Daniel Putra" ...@new.co.za>
Subject SystemId Unknown; java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2008 11:48:19 GMT
Hi

I get a very strange error

SystemId Unknown; Line #1; Column #1020; java.lang.NullPointerException

in FOP 0.94 embedded mode and found out that the issue is fixed in FOP 0.95beta1. Unfortunately
beta1 is not really usable yet as all my fonts are enlarged and the pages are shrunken, etc.

The error above must be related to AWTRenderer or MIME_FOP_AWT_PREVIEW related methods. The
error appears if I use AWTRenderer and then afterwards try to save any xsl-fo based PDF file
to disk via Fop fop = GlobalObjects.obtainFopFactory().newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, userAgent,
outputStream)... After using AWTRenderer I have to exit the JVM to get the file creation working
again. As soon as I preview MIME_PDF does not work any longer.

I wonder if there is any chance that I could get a patch, or a hint where to fix the code.
I could then do to build on my own. If this is not possible, could you let me know when 0.95
is scheduled to be released? It took me 5 days to change all our xsl-foo and related Java
code to version 0.94 compatibility. Therefore I cannot go back to version 0.20.5.

Your help in this is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Daniel Putra
South Africa