From Andreas Schröder <as.hi...@web.de>
Subject ClassCast-Exception when trying fopfactory.newinstance()
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:06:36 GMT
I get a ClassCastException if I try to make an instance with FopFactory.newInstance(). It already
used to work but now doesn't any more while I made no changes to the class.

I type an excerpt from the StackTrace:

cce: org.apache.fop.render.afp.extensions.AFPExtensionHandlerFactory cannot be cast to org.apache.fop.util.ContentHandlerFactoryRegistry.java:105)
    at ...
    at org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.newInstance(FopFactory.java:165)
    at de.hc.pdf_from_word.PdfCreator.convertXML2PDF(PdfCreator.java:44)

That points exactly to my file, where i create the new instance of FopFactory.

I give you the code of the method, I use:

	public void convertXML2PDF(File xml, File xslt, File pdf) throws IOException, TransformerException
{

		System.out.println(xml);
		System.out.println(xslt);
		System.out.println(pdf);

		try {
			FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();

			//Setup output
			out = new FileOutputStream(pdf);
			out = new BufferedOutputStream(out);

			try {

				Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, out);

				//Setup XSLT
				Transformer transformer = factory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(xslt));

				//Setup input for XSLT transformation
				Source src = new StreamSource(xml);

				//Resulting SAX events (the generated FO) must be piped through to FOP
				Result res = new SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());

				//Start XSLT transformation and FOP processing
				transformer.transform(src, res);
			}	catch (Exception e) {
				e.printStackTrace(System.err);
			}
			finally {
				out.close();
			}
		} catch (Throwable e) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace(System.err);
			//e.getCause().printStackTrace(System.err);
		}
	}