From "Christopher R. Maden" <cr...@maden.org>
Subject FOP 0.95b observations
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:32:32 GMT
1) FOP now complains about empty fo:table-cells.  This is strictly
correct, I suppose, but annoying.  More troubling, it fails with an
exception and a stack trace when it happens, rather than a simpler error
message.

2) Line-wrapping doesn’t seem to happen automatically in table cells:

Apr 8, 2008 4:09:58 PM org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager
$LineBreakingAlgorithm updateData2
WARNING: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 11431mpt.
(fo:block, location: 2/56170)

is the message, now.  These same paragraphs used to wrap in 0.94 and in
0.20.5.

3) While this doesn’t produce the strange page-breaking behavior seen in
0.94 (thanks!) it still does not appear to honor keep-together="always"
on table-body.  By comparison 0.20.5 kept table-bodies together by
default.

My document consists of a series of these:

<fo:table-body border="solid 1pt black" keep-together="always">

Dummy output is available on request, if it would be helpful.

Thanks,
Chris
We’ve replaced American airports with incompetent mini-police-
states.  Let’s see if they notice!
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319