From Newkid <shyamf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need immediate help.. FOP on Solaris Box
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:04:56 GMT

Hello Pietschmann,

Thanks for your explainations.

Let me allow to brief the case history:

I have complex Java application deployed on Weblogic 8.1 SP6. There is a
requirement to create PDF /RTF from the XML file. When a user creates XML
file, the file is getting stored in the ORACLE database as CLOB object.
There is NO problem in creating a PDF/RTF of corresponding valid XML file
and store it outside the web directory. The problem is, how do I create a
PDF/RTF and XML files in the EAR file dynamically. By all mean, I am unable
to find out creating / reading the files from the deployed EAR in the
weblogic.

In order to get rid of the situation, I thought to take a other way to
resolve this concern i.e. streaming the files and displaying directly on the
browser. By doing this, I can resolve the reading/ creating files on the
deployed EAR on weblogic. Now, the million dollar questions for me is
HOW????? I have NO idea whether FOP does support streaming or not? If it
does, I can move forward else I have to look for some other way...

Further more, there is NO problem in the reading the XML file from database
as string. The problem is, can FOP convert the xml using XSL byte by byte???
Can FOP take XML file as STRING and generate PDF as STRING? Since, there is
NO change in the XSL file, I can keep it the web directory easily. If yes,
how? I need the guidance and your precious advice.

Since, I have to deploy the application on Solaris box and I am using SHELL
SCRIPT, I did mention about the Solaris...

Once again, thanks for showing some lights on my concern!

Warm Regards,
Newkid