From MatthiasR <matthias8...@gmx.at>
Subject EPS transcoder - aspect ratio problem
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:09:11 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to transcode svg documents to eps files. This works very well for
most of my svg files but sometimes the transcoder adds blank space on the
right and below to the generated eps files. When this happens image width
and height are the same (widht = height) and the eps file is displayed as a
square.

When I display the eps file inside a Word Document with original width and
height the aspect ratio is not correct anymore.

Do you have any idea why that happens?

Word 2003 XML file:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16628242/eps_transcoder_problem.xml
eps_transcoder_problem.xml

SVG file:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16628242/e-cad.svg e-cad.svg

Generated EPS file:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16628242/e-cad.eps e-cad.eps

Code to transcode (tested with FOP 0.94 and 0.95beta) :

final org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder tc =
        new org.apache.fop.render.ps.EPSTranscoder();
final org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderInput ti = new
TranscoderInput(inputStream);
final org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderOutput to = new
TranscoderOutput(outputStream);
tc.transcode(ti, to);

Any help is highly appreciated.

Matthias Reischenbacher