From "Amick, Eric" <Eric.Am...@mail.house.gov>
Subject RE: Line-height inheritance
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:25:55 GMT
According to the spec, computed values are inherited unless the property
specifies otherwise. It turns out that line-height is one case that
allows for inheriting something other than the computed value. As the
spec section you referred to says, if you specify the line-height as a
number, the number is inherited; in other words, use 1.2 instead of 120%
in your example, and you should get the result you're looking for.

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk

-----Original Message-----
From: Pascal Sancho [mailto:pascal.sancho@takoma.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2008 9:21
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Line-height inheritance

Hi,

Reading the spec 7.16.4, line-height property is inherited and accepts
percentages values.
FOP behaves as follow:
If the line-height value is a percentage, the inherited value is the
computed trait: font-size*line-height(in %) I'm not sure if FOP
behaviour is correct. I was expecting the percentage value for the
inheried line-height.
Am I wrong?

(see attached FO file as short test case)

Pascal