From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Fop 0.95beta - svg tif images
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:59:19 GMT
On Apr 11, 2008, at 19:26, Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2008, at 18:20, Peter Coppens wrote:
>>
> Well, did a very quick test here, and without Jeremias' change, any
> TIFF that is produced by Preview indeed fails with the message you
> provided earlier.
> Seems the issue is isolated to OS X. I guess one important thing to
> check on the side of XMLGraphics is whether the native OS X TIFF
> reader has peculiarities which make it undetectable somehow.

Checked closer, and the result of ImageIO.getReaderMimeTypes() does
not contain "image/tiff" as a supported type on my system, so it's
normal behavior on the side of XG Commons.
Browsed around a bit more, and the impression I'm getting is that
ImageIO TIFF support was available at one point. I read posts
mentioning tiff as a natively supported type on Java 1.4.2. Then
again, most posts I found indicate nothing but trouble and security
issues. The latest I could gather was that it was 'currently
unavailable, but put on the planning', but as far as I could tell,
not really with the highest priority...

Cheers

Andreas