From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Need immediate help.. FOP on Solaris Box
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:00:07 GMT
Newkid wrote:
> The problem is, how do I create a
> PDF/RTF and XML files in the EAR file dynamically. By all mean, I am unable
> to find out creating / reading the files from the deployed EAR in the
> weblogic.

While this is still technically possible, that's not the way Sun
imagined how EJB applications should work. Why on earth should an EJB
app create or change a file in the local file system? Even if it was
sensible, it is outside the scope of FOP. You should ask a professional
EJB developer for solutions to your problem. However, I'm certain you
are already heading down the wrong alley. Take a step back.

> The problem is, can FOP convert the xml using XSL byte by byte???
> Can FOP take XML file as STRING and generate PDF as STRING? Since, there is
> NO change in the XSL file, I can keep it the web directory easily. If yes,
> how?

I'm sorry to say but I can't make sense out of this.

J.Pietschmann