From Peter Coppens <pc.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fop 0.95beta - svg tif images
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:31:57 GMT

On 10 Apr 2008, at 22:11, Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2008, at 22:00, Andreas Delmelle wrote:
>>
>> No idea why the install would fail on your system, though. Maybe a
>> bug, due to the fact that, as you suggested, the install-package is
>> quite old, and no longer works on more recent versions of OS X (?)
>> Unfortunately, I don't know how the installer checks for Java being
>> present,
>
> Additional question: does the notice appear at the very start?
> (Right after you get the warning about a script needing to run to
> verify whether the installation can proceed?)
Yes...that is when it happens.

> If so, you might get a clue if you look at the scripts in the .dmg's
> contents (right-click + show package contents).
Hmmm...that might be a bit too ambitious for me at this stage (took a
peek but could not make much sense of it)...and I guess I did find
that jai was installed after all (in /System/Library/Java/
Extensions...see other mail in this thread)

> Cheers
>
> Andreas
Thanks for taking the time...much appreciated!

Peter