From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Rendering times keep increasing until timeout
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:18:34 GMT
On Apr 14, 2008, at 19:50, Fournier,Danny [NCR] wrote:

>>> I'm the only one using a lab server and when I run my PDF rendering
>>> (XML>XSL>PDF), from one rendering time to the other it will
>> increase
>>> significantly.
>>>
>> Which FOP version?
>
> 0.94
>
>> Are these runs performed in sequence, or do some get
>> processed concurrently?
>
> In Sequence

OK, in that case my question about logging is probably not relevant
(although, we did receive confirmation recently that reducing log-
messages can have quite an effect on the processing-speed).

As to what exactly /is/ causing a performance drain of that magnitude
in isolated runs, I must honestly say that I am now a bit clueless.
Any chance you can try with FOP 0.95beta? No guarantee that this will
help, though...

Also, is there anything you can find out using the monitoring tools
that are distributed with Coldfusion?
In case you're wondering: I got this info from a fact-sheet, and have
absolutely no experience with developing in CF, unfortunately.
I have no idea what CF does when it 'executes Java code' (which JVM,
if any, is used, etc.)

Cheers

Andreas