From Peter Coppens <pc.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fop 0.95beta - svg tif images
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:21:30 GMT

On 10 Apr 2008, at 22:00, Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2008, at 21:37, Peter Coppens wrote:
>
>> On 10 Apr 2008, at 20:47, Andreas Delmelle wrote:
>>>
>>> Now, I've been looking deeper into my local setup, and IIC, then
>>> for Java 1.5, the JAI libraries are already distributed /with/ the
>>> install package. At least, I do not remember ever having to
>>> configure this manually and still, the JARs are available in the
>>> lib/ext folder.
>
>> Ok..sorry upfront...this is not for this list and extremely
>> newbee....but what should I look for where (I am very new to MacOS
>> and confused by its setup). I have found /System/Library/Frameworks/
>> JavaVM.framework/Versions/ by now with different versions and also
>> e.g. /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/
>> Home/lib/ext/ containing apple_provider.jar, dnsns.jar,
>> localedata.jar, sunjce_provider.jar, sunpkcs11.jar but nothing
>> imageio like. Am I looking in the wrong place or have I not
>> installed enough (I do have XCode installed)
>
> My mistake. It's not the standard lib/ext. When I installed it for
> Java 1.4, apparently JAI was put under /System/Java/Extensions
> (where the Quicktime for Java JAR also resides), hence why it was
> also automagically available under Java 1.5.

Ha, that does get me somewhere (not sure where though). I found
'stuff' in /System/Library/Java/Extensions
(jai_core.jar,jai_codec.jar,mlibwrapper_jai.jar )...I explicitly added
them to the classpath (which I guess should not be required) before
running fop but I keep on getting "no suitable loader/converter
combination available".