From Peter Coppens <pc.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fop 0.95beta - svg tif images
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:30:20 GMT
Yeah....I wrote my first jai program earlier today....

import javax.imageio.*;

public class ListImageDecoders {
	public static void main (String args[]) {
           String rfn[]=ImageIO.getReaderFormatNames();
           for(String rf:rfn) {
     	    System.out.println(rf);
          }
     }
}

and came to the same conclusion you did.

I don't like the jai dependancy (don't like native Java libraries) but
Jeremias' patch would solve that. The 6x performance hit is ....more
troublesome :(

(but I don't want to be whining all the time ...I do appreciate the
time you spent on this)

Peter

Well...for me