From "Woodhouse, Graeme" <Graeme.Woodho...@proquest.co.uk>
Subject Large PDF's files fail to stream correctly
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:22:17 GMT
Hello,

Hopefully someone on this list can help,

We've been having long standing problems here building dynamic PDF's and streaming the to
the Adobe PDF reader plugin. We use an Apache/Tomcat (through AJP) to stream these files.
Unfortunatly as the files reach 40-50 pages they become to become randomly garbled and the
reader reports them as corrupt.

Has anyone here had the same problem?

One possible fix we have found is to save the file to the server and link directly to the
file, then delete the file. But this leaves security vulnerabilities in the system and we
would prefer to get the streaming right.

It would be great if someone could shed some light on this problem!

Thanks in advance :)

Graeme Woodhouse
Software Engineer

ProQuest - The Quorum, Barnwell Road, Cambridge, CB5 8SW

Direct-Line:            +44 (0) 1223 271 264
Switchboard:          +44 (0) 1223 215 512
Fax:                         +44 (0) 1223 215 513
www.proquest.co.uk<http://www.proquest.co.uk/>

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete this message
and any attachments.