From John Brown <johnbrown...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Including an image as a page
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:33:19 GMT
JJeremias Maerki wrote:

> John Brown wrote:
> >

> > Hello all,
> >
> > Is it possible to include an image as a page?
> >
> > That is, if I have an image that is 8.5in X 11in, and set my
> > letter-sized page borders to 0 so that the printable area is 8.5in X 11in,
> > can I add the image to a blank page without cropping or scaling,
> > or convert the image into a page by itself?

> Please take a look at:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/extensions.html#external-document
>
> Of course, you can create the same effect by setting up the page-master
> accordingly and using line-height="0" to avoid half-leading effects. The
> above extension is simpler but renders your XSL-FO incompatible with
> other FO implementations.

Thanks. It works well. The trouble is that I am using DocBook 5.0.
After xsltproc generates the fo, I modify it by hand to replace

<fo:page-sequence ...>
  <fo:block id="x">
     <fo:external-graphic src="url(y)">
  </fo:block>
</fo:page-sequence>

with

<fox:external-document src="x" id="y"/>

I am now looking for a way to customise the DocBook stylesheet or
automatically correct the fo.