From John Brown <johnbrown...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Including an image as a page
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 00:02:32 GMT
The fox:external-document extension works. Since it seems that I will
probably have to post-process the fo file, I need to decide whether
it is easier to:

1) insert the fox:external-document at an appropriate place, so that
   the table of contents and any other hyperlinks still work
2) Fix the FO so that I do not get the following warnings:

Apr 16, 2008 6:29:20 PM org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageBreakingAlgorithm
updateData2
WARNING: Part/page 0 overflows the available area in block-progression
dimension. (fo:block-container, location: 317/58)
Apr 16, 2008 6:29:20 PM
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.LineLayoutManager$LineBreakingAlgorithm
updateData2
WARNING: Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by more than
50
points. (fo:block, location: 324/52)
Apr 16, 2008 6:29:20 PM org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageBreaker$1
notifyOverflow
WARNING: Content of the region-body on page 2 overflows the available
area in
block-progression dimension. (fo:page-sequence, location: 65/312)

I have created extdoc.tar.bz2 and uploaded it to:
http://download.yousendit.com/4487E58200672F10

The archive contains:
Bytes  Filename         Description
28823  doc1-page1.pdf   External document that I am trying to import

18854  extdoc.fo        FO produced by DocBook stylesheets + xsltproc
                        trimmed as much as possible

39827  extdoc.pdf       Result of fop extdoc.fo extdoc.pdf. You will
                        note the result is not correct.

16150  images/draft.png Background image in document

I did what I thought was necessary to set all borders to 0 in the
DocBook XML file.

Can you tell me how to fix the FO so that all the space on the
8in X 11in page is available for the external document?