From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Problem using Lucida Console font
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 09:08:25 GMT
On May 8, 2008, at 09:06, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> <snip />
> It looks like /usr/local/share/fonts is another place where fonts
> can be
> on Unixes but that's not used by FOP, yet. Can a Unix Guru confirm
> that
> it would be correct to add this directory to the other ones in
> UnitFontDirFinder?

FWIW, no Guru over here, but anyway:
I think this can be safely added. If the directory does not exist, I
assume IOCommons' DirectoryHandler simply adds nothing to the result
list (see FontInfoFinder.find())? Only if the DirectoryWalker would
not handle non-existing directories, we'd have to take care of that
on our side as well, but checking the Javadocs, DirectoryWalker.walk
() only throws an IOException if you pass null as the starting-point.

Cheers

Andreas