From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: multiple outputs
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 08:35:02 GMT
That has come up a number of times. To a certain degree, this is
possible, but PDF and TIFF(Java2D) use different font sources with
different font metrics which can lead to small differences between the
two output formats. See:
http://fop-users.markmail.org/message/n3myr6scq6afh7uz?q=tiff+pdf+output&page=2

The above example does the whole thing from the command-line but of
course, it's possible to do this in one JVM instance.

See here for more information about the intermediate format (AT):
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/intermediate.html
From this information you should be able to derive how you can render
the same intermediate file twice to two different renderers.

On 08.05.2008 10:22:31 paul womack wrote:
> If I want a TIFF and a PDF from the same input (xml + xsl), what's
> my best course?
>
> Clearly, running fop from the command line twice would work,
> but can I get a performance "win" by converting to an intermediate fo
> file, then doing a render run?
>
> Or even making (and then using) a AT file?
>
> Or can I reduce the fop startup overhead by running two
> commands (how?) in the same instance?
>
>   BugBear

Jeremias Maerki