From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Strange printing problem
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 09:35:51 GMT
In addition to Andreas' comments:
This problem has come up here a number of times now (See archives). The
HP PCL drivers are known to cause problems with printing from AWT/Java2D.
The HP *n priners (i.e. the ones with a network interface) usually all
have PostScript capabilities. Please install the PostScript printer
driver instead of the PCL one and there's a large chance that it'll work.

On 27.05.2008 00:00:07 Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On May 26, 2008, at 12:49, Antti Karanta wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> >   When I print w/ fop using the print renderer, everything is fine
> > when using a HP LaserJet 4350 dtn, but a lot of the content is lost
> > when using HP LaserJet P3005dn. In a document containing some text
> > and 5 svg pics, none of the text and only 3 of 5 images (every
> > second image is lost) make it through to paper on P3005dn. The
> > images are placed on the same locations on paper as on the version
> > where no content is lost.
> >
> > I suspected this might be an issue w/ the PCL version the printers
> > support, but they seem to support the same ones:
>
> Close, but not quite. FOP produces no PCL, unless the output format
> is explicitly specified as such. If you use the PrintRenderer,
> everything goes through java.awt.print.*
>
> What may be the cause here, is an incompatibility of the AWT Print
> implementation with the drivers for the P3005dn.
>
> In any case, there is nothing that can be done from the FOP side, I'm
> afraid. You could try producing PCL directly and send that to both
> printers, but the PCL Renderer is slightly less mature than PDF, PS
> or Java2D, so there are no guarantees that this will solve all (or
> even any) of your issues...
>

> Cheers
>
> Andreas

Jeremias Maerki