From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Font Recognition in FOP 0.20.4
Date Sat, 17 May 2008 10:43:55 GMT
On May 16, 2008, at 16:51, Rakesh Kumar S wrote:

> The way my application works is that i get a XML file, use XSL:FO
> and FOP to convert the XML into PDF.
> I dont use command line here....
>
> I am sure i am making a mistake bby changing the userconfig.xml
> inside the fop jar directly but am not sure what's the right way of
> doing it....

Modifying the userconfig.xml, and adding it to the fop.jar has zero
effect. The userconfig.xml is provided as an example, and is never
used, unless you tell FOP to use it.

For FOP 0.20.5:
If you're running FOP from the command-line, this is done, as Stefan
already hinted, by means of supplying '-c /path/to/userconfig.xml'.
If you're using FOP embedded in a Java application, you need to have
a line of code like:

   options = new Options(new File("/path/to/userconfig.xml"));

to set up a static configuration class (before the first rendering
process starts, obviously)

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas